Covid 19 Safety
Our clinic is back open for clients for who video call therapy is not appropriate or accessible. All clients who wish to have face-to-face therapy are risk assessed prior to being made an appointment to ensure that it is safe for them to come to the clinic. We continue to offer online therapy using video-conferencing for clients who can and are willing to work this way.
Precautions we are taking in the clinic
- Patients will be provided with masks on entering the clinic and clients are asked to wear a mask in shared spaces, eg reception if they are a bit early and can't wait outside
- All reception staff and therapy staff are asked to wear a face masks and we encourage our clients to do the same
- No one with active coughs, sneezing, fever or loss of taste / smell should enter the building
- We are checking everyone's health status on arrival before they enter the building
- We are asking clinicians to take weekly Covid tests
- Therapy Works Sheffield are using Test and Trace, and will be encouraging clients to use this too, which means that they will have access to clients details for at least 21 days so we can notify others using building if needs be
- New room cleaning procedures have been put in place between each client and clinic
- Hand sanitiser, disinfected wipes and antibacterial hand wash will be available throughout
- We have a portable screen on reception
- We are committed to maintaining a social distance of at least 2 meters in all the therapy rooms and clinic
- Where 2m social distancing is impossible, for instance in cognitive testing, PPE will be used
- Rooms are well ventilated
- We are allowing 30 minutes between appointments and we are changing our appointments system to minimise contact and waiting times
- People are welcome to wait on the patio as we are minimising the use of the waiting room
- Payments should be made by arrangement with therapists
- New patients will be able to complete their information patient forms at home
We are following the government guidelines closely as well as those of the professional bodies around us. We are committed to providing a safe environment for clients, practitioners and staff, while also providing the same quality of service as we were previously. If you have any questions about the above, please feel free to ask.
Low cost therapy
For immediate mental health support please visit the Sheffield mental health guide to find the right helpline for you, or you can visit the NHS crisis guide if you are dealing with a mental health crisis or emergency. You can visit the government guidance for mental health and wellbeing during Covid-19, and the NHS low mood and anxiety guide to find out what help is there for you, and tools to improve your mental wellbeing. If you want to talk to someone now call Samaritans on 116 123. If you are a carer, Carers UK have guidance on their webpage for coronavirus support.